Here’s a friendly reminder of our rules and regulations and well as our cancellation policies:
- No Boots or outside shoes are allowed in the studios at all times.
*Dance shoes are strongly recommended for your comfort and safety. If you do not have dance shoes, please make sure the shoes you are wearing are CLEAN (no rocks underneath, no gum, no broken heels, no boots and no marking soles.) The teacher can tell you to remove them if not suited for the dance floor.
- All students must sign in upon arrival. Since we have many students and price packages, this will facilitate the process of verifying if everyone is in their proper class.
- SOLICITATION, We strongly do not accept any type of solicitation. If you do so, we reserve the right to cancel your membership and you lose all classes that you’ve paid for.
- Don’t chew gum or bring food and drinks (a closed water bottle is okay) into the studios.
- You may ONLY attend the classes you registered for.
- Platinum Members are allowed to take as many classes as they like as long as they remain in the level they were assigned to and below. The teacher can decide to refuse a student in a class if he or she believes the student does not have the necessary dance level to follow the group.
- Please be on time for your classes. If you are late, please enter the class quietly.
- Wait for your class to start outside the studio where classes are already in process.
- Hygiene…. since many dances require a close proximity to your partner, we ask that all students practice proper hygiene. We have showers, deodorant, and mints if one should require.
- Dress code: please wear comfortable clothing that you can move in. We wouldn’t want you to limit your potential because of your garments.
- Do not leave your personal effects in the studios at the end of the night. We bring all the lost and found items to various shelters monthly, so please ask us if you left something and you can’t find it.
- Feel free to ask questions during the class but respect the teacher while he is talking or showing a move.
- Please respect your fellow classmates and employees. No improper remarks or behaviour will be allowed in our establishment.
- Completely silence and stow your cell phone. Even vibration is often audible and disrupts the class.
Free classes at the Club 6/49:
Latin Groove teachers teach free lessons at the club 6/49 Mondays (Salsa beginner), Tuesdays (Kizomba beginner/intermediate) and Wednesday’s (Salsa intermediate/ advanced). The club 6/49’s cover charge is NOT included in any of Latin Groove packages.
We thank you for being part of our LG community and wish you the most amazing experience you can have with us.
General Terms (SUSPENSION AND CANCELLING MEMBERSHIPS)
• All memberships give access to classes of the dancer’s level and below.
• Please see terms and conditions below.
• All prices are subject to change.
• Applicable taxes apply
• Must be paid in full
• All memberships cannot be suspended nor transferred.
4 MONTH MINIMUM PLATINUM AUTO RENEW MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1ST 2017
About this Agreement: (the “Agreement”). The Member is referred to as “you” or “the Member” and LATIN GROOVE is referred to as “us”, “we” “THE STUDIO” or “LATIN GROOVE”. This Agreement is legally enforceable. There are terms and conditions on the reverse. Please read everything carefully. This contract is subject to the Consumer Protection Act (QUEBEC) (the “Act”). Any waiver or limitation of your rights in this Agreement applies only to the extent permitted by the Act. This membership is a Monthly contract and will auto renew at the price of the initial contract unless otherwise stated.
- Our Responsibilities: Under this Agreement, you have the right during the term to use the facilities and services which you purchased during our posted hours of operation at the studio at the address above which you are entitled to access under your permitted reciprocity rights (the “Studio”). The facilities and services which you have purchased are access to the Studio including but not limited to use of a) regularly scheduled group classes and b) washroom/change room facilities.
- Your Responsibilities: Under this new Agreement you agree: a) to pay us all sums, fees, charges and taxes (14.975%) as specified in this Agreement (the “Fees”) when due, irrespective of the amount of use you make of the Studio; b) to all of the terms and conditions which are set out in this Agreement, c) to follow our rules, policies and regulations (“Rules”) which may be posted on our website or otherwise communicated to you from time to time; and d) to immediately notify us in writing of address (including e-mail address) changes and of any other personal and payment information changes.
- Pre-Authorized Payment Agreement: You agree to pay the Fees every month on the Auto-Renew Date (as defined below) and authorize LATIN GROOVE to present transactions for payment against your account. In consideration of LATIN GROOVE acting as directed, you agree that LATIN GROOVE ’s treatment of your credit card information and our rights to it, shall be the same as if it were personally signed by you. The pre-authorized payment shall be drawn on your account to cover all Fees including membership fees and TAXES as required by Revenue Quebec and Canada Revenue Agency. LATIN GROOVE will not reduce, discount, credit or cancel your obligation because you do not use the Studio.
- Term and Renewal: Your membership commences on the date of agreement and will auto-renew as a contract of successive monthly membership and such date may be updated as agreed to between you and LATIN GROOVE (the “Auto-Renew Date”).
Cancellation of this Agreement:
Student may cancel the auto-renew membership by completing a cancellation form in person at our studio any time after completing the 4 months. Minimum 2-week notice is required to process the cancellation. $50 (plus taxes) quick cancellation fee applies if it’s less than a 2 week notice. Phone and verbal cancellations are not accepted. Please retain your receipts for your records.
- Dishonoured Credit Card Charge: Returned payments and any late charges will be automatically charged to your credit card account at a fee of $10 per dishonoured charge. Please present your credit card to LATIN GROOVE for the monthly auto-renew payment. Your credit card information is secure and stored in an encrypted system by Mindbody Online. To cancel, please complete cancellation form in person at the studio, refer to cancellation policy in paragraph 6 (Cancellation of this Agreement) above.
- Membership Holds: Members who have completed a minimum 4 months on their monthly membership and yearly memberships are eligible for 2 complimentary holds. Members who have completed less than 4 months of the monthly membership may put their membership on hold for a fee of $20/hold. Holds must be a minimum of 7 days in length. More than one hold is permitted for a low-fee of $10 per hold, provided that the combined total of all holds does not exceed 60 days per calendar year.
Minimum Notice for Membership Holds: 72 hours advance notice must be provided in person or email to email@example.com. Holds will not be considered processed until you receive a hold confirmation email from LATIN GROOVE. Holds cannot be backdated.
Medical Holds: With a note from your attending physician, we can freeze your membership for a maximum of 12 months. No service fee or monthly dues apply for medical holds on your auto-renew memberships. Visit our studio in person to complete proper documentation to request for a medical hold.
- Changes in Fees: LATIN GROOVE reserves the right to determine the amount and terms of payment for monthly fees and any other fees, including service, late or hold fees (set forth in studio policies), all of which dues and fees may be increased in LATIN GROOVE ’s sole discretion. LATIN GROOVE may provide you with 30 days notice for any price increase. If you wish to terminate this Agreement as a result of the price increase, you must notify LATIN GROOVE as required under paragraph 6 (Cancellation of this Agreement), such cancellation must be received at least 2 weeks before the Auto-Renew Date. All government taxes are in addition to and will be automatically added to all payments.
- Membership Cards and Access: We will issue you a membership card (the “Card”) at a $20 deposit. You need it to enter the classes. The Card belongs to LATIN GROOVE and is for your personal use only. If anyone else uses it, we may cancel your membership immediately with no refund and you will be charged the cancelation fees as stated in paragraph 13. Lost, stolen, or destroyed Cards will be replaced for a deposit fee payable by the Member of $20.
- Studio policies, Membership Termination or Suspension by LATIN GROOVE: You understand that LATIN GROOVE retains complete control over all matters affecting or relating to its members and fees, including but not limited to membership fees, access, prices, services, products, classes, workshops, events, amenities or benefits, all of which are subject to change at any time without notice. You will comply with LATIN GROOVE’s policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, whether set forth on paper, verbally, in studio signage, or online at www.latingroove.ca. LATIN GROOVE may change, modify or otherwise alter any fees, rates and policies at any time without notice. I understand that LATIN GROOVE may in its sole discretion terminate or suspend my membership or any aspect thereof, for any reason, including but not limited to any conduct by me, that violates any studio policies or that LATIN GROOVE determines to be improper, inappropriate, or contrary to its best interests.
- Reservation of Rights: We reserve the right to cancel any membership without cause, in which event you will be entitled to a refund only of unused prepaid instalments, if any. We reserve the right at any time to change our hours of operation, and to change the cost of, add, modify and/or eliminate any program or class of service.
- Your Rights under the Consumer Protection Act.
Cancellation Policies for the Yearly Platinum and the 4 month minimum memberships (after the minimum 4 months):
According to the Consumer Protection Act, 10% of the total cost of your membership will be charged if you cancel within the first 37 days following your registration.
After the 37-day period, you can cancel your membership at any time during the term of your contract. However, you will be charged the following cancellation fees (plus taxes) of $99 plus $149 per month you have had your membership. The remaining will be refunded to you.
You may cancel this agreement at any time during the cooling period, which ends ten (10) days after the date of purchase. You do not need to give LATIN GROOVE a reason for cancelling during this 10-day period. For more information, you may contact the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services. To cancel this agreement, you must give notice of cancellation to LATIN GROOVE in person by completing a cancellation form, at the address set out in the agreement. If no address is set out in the agreement, use any address LATIN GROOVE has that is on record with the Government of Quebec or the Government of Canada or is known by you. Please retain a copy of the cancellation form for your records. This 10-day cooling period only applies to auto-renew contracts for dance and/or fitness services with a value of over $50 per month. This does not apply to merchandise, gift cards or other packages available for purchase at LATIN GROOVE. If the auto-renew contract has been activated and the member has already taken classes, they are no longer entitled to a full refund. A partial refund will be offered (or an amount equal to the remaining portion of the fee collected) within the cooling period (10 days from purchase date) as stated on Consumer Protection Act, 2002. The refund will be processed and returned to you within 15 days if they choose to cancel.
- Governing Law: This Agreement is governed by the laws of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein.